||Extended HTTP Support
||Michael Wallner <firstname.lastname@example.org> (lead) [details]
||This HTTP extension aims to provide a convenient and powerful
set of functionality for one of PHPs major applications.
It eases handling of HTTP urls, headers and messages, provides
means for negotiation of a client's preferred content type,
language and charset, as well as a convenient way to send any
arbitrary data with caching and resuming capabilities.
It provides powerful request functionality with support for
|Extended HTTP support. Again. Keep in mind that it's got the major version 2, because it's incompatible with pecl_http v1.
* Introduces the http namespace.
* Message bodies have been remodeled to use PHP temporary streams instead of in-memory buffers.
* The utterly misunderstood HttpResponse class has been reimplemented as http\Env\Response inheriting http\Message.
* Currently, there's only one Exception class left, http\Exception.
* Errors triggered by the extension can be configured statically by http\Object::$defaultErrorHandling or inherited http\Object->errorHandling.
* The request ecosystem has been modularized to support different libraries, though for the moment only libcurl is supported.