||Provides functions for function traces and profiling
Derick Rethans <
derick at php dot net >
||The Xdebug extension helps you debugging your script by providing a lot of
valuable debug information. The debug information that Xdebug can provide
includes the following:
* stack and function traces in error messages with:
o full parameter display for user defined functions
o function name, file name and line indications
o support for member functions
* memory allocation
* protection for infinite recursions
Xdebug also provides:
* profiling information for PHP scripts
* code coverage analysis
* capabilities to debug your scripts interactively with a debug client
+ Added new features:
- Implemented FR #137: feature_get for general commands doesn't have a text field.
- Implemented FR #131: XDebug needs to implement paged child object requests.
- Implemented FR #124: Add backtrace dumping information when exception thrown.
- Implemented FR #70: Add feature_get breakpoint_types.
- Added profiling aggregation functions (patch by Andrei Zmievski)
- Implemented the "timestamp" option for the xdebug.trace_output_name and
- Added the xdebug.remote_log setting that allows you to log debugger
communication to a log file for debugging. This can also be set through
the "remote_log" element in the XDEBUG_CONFIG environment variable.
- Added a "script" value to the profiler_output_name option. This will write
the profiler output to a filename that consists of the script's full path
(using underscores). ie: /var/www/index.php becomes
var_www_index_php_cachegrind.out. (Patch by Brian Shire).
- DBGp: Implemented support for hit conditions for breakpoints.
- DBGp: Added support for conditions for file/line breakpoints.
- DBGp: Added support for hit value checking to file/line breakpoints.
- DBGp: Added support for "exception" breakpoints.
+ Performance improvements:
- Added a cache that prevents the code coverage functionality from running a
"which code is executable check" on every function call, even if they
were executed multiple times. This should speed up code coverage a lot.
- Speedup Xdebug but only gathering information about variables in scopes when
either remote debugging is used, or show_local_vars is enabled.
= Fixed bugs:
- Fixed bug #184: problem with control chars in code traces
- Fixed bug #183: property_get -n $this->somethingnonexistent crashes the
- Fixed bug #182: Errors are not html escaped when being displayed.
- Fixed bug #180: collected includes not shown in trace files. (Patch by
- Fixed bug #178: $php_errormsg and Track errors unavailable.
- Fixed bug #177: debugclient fails to compile due to Bison.
- Fixed bug #176: Segfault using SplTempFileObject.
- Fixed bug #173: Xdebug segfaults using SPL ArrayIterator.
- Fixed bug #171: set_time_limit stack overflow on 2nd request.
- Fixed bug #168: Xdebug's DBGp crashes on an eval command where the
result is an array.
- Fixed bug #125: show_mem_delta does not calculate correct negative values on
- Fixed bug #121: property_get -n $r returns the whole hash.
- Fixed bug #111: xdebug does not ignore set_time_limit() function during debug
- Fixed bug #87: Warning about headers when "register_shutdown_function" used.
- Fixed PECL bug #6940 (XDebug ignores set_time_limit)
- Fixed Komodo bug 45484: no member data for objects in PHP debugger.
- Suppress NOP/EXT_NOP from being marked as executable code with Code