Top Level :: PHP
||allows running of complete applications out of .phar files (like Java .jar files)
Steph Fox (developer)
Greg Beaver (lead)
Marcus B?rger <
helly at php dot net >
||This is the extension version of PEAR's PHP_Archive package. Support for
zlib, bz2 and crc32 is achieved without any dependency other than the external
zlib or bz2 extension.
.phar files can be read using the phar stream, or with the Phar class. If the SPL extension
is available, a Phar object can be used as an array to iterate over a phar's contents
or to read files directly from the phar.
Phar supports tar and zip file formats as well as the native phar file format, and can also be
used to create data-only tar and zip archives with the PharData class, even if
write access is disabled by the phar.readonly ini variable.
Executable phar archives can be created using the streams API or with the Phar class, if
the phar.readonly ini variable is set to false.
Full support for MD5 and SHA1 signatures is possible. Signatures can be required
if the ini variable phar.require_hash is set to true. When PECL extension hash is
available then SHA-256 and SHA-512 signatures are supported as well.
Phar is APC-compatible, the latest APC will cache files within a phar archive, resulting in
a 6x speedup measured running phpMyAdmin as a phar archive.
* improve speed of uncompressed phars used readonly by 2x [Greg]
* improve speed of phars with signatures 2x [Greg]
* add Phar::setAlias() [Greg]
* fix too many open file handles issue [Greg]
* fix rename [Greg]
* add Phar::getAlias() [Marcus]
* Made -a optional in pack subcommand of phar.phar [Marcus]
* Fix issue with apache module and extracted archives [Marcus]
* Send all error messages to stderr in phar.phar [Marcus]
* Added new subcommands add and delete to phar.phar [Marcus]
* Made Phar::loadPhar() and Phar::mapPhar() ignore extracted archives [Marcus]
* Fix issue with compressed entries and uncompressing entries [Marcus]
* Verify stubs before writing [Marcus]
* Always use longest stub end to avoid issues with length field [Marcus]
|Dependencies for release 1.2.1