Top Level :: Database :: mongo
This package has been superseded, but is still maintained for bugs and security fixes.
||MongoDB database driver
||Jeremy Mikola <email@example.com> (lead) [details]
Derick Rethans <firstname.lastname@example.org> (lead) [wishlist] [details]
Hannes Magnusson <email@example.com> (lead) [details]
||This package provides an interface for communicating with the MongoDB database in PHP.
|This is a new major release, which has a rewritten connection handling
backend. It has been rewritten to form a new improved framework for
handling connections. On top of this new framework, new functionality is
also implemented to provide read preference support that comes with
MongoDB 2.2. The new framework no longer has the concept of a connection
pool, but instead make sure there is only one connect per
We also have introduced some deprecation notices for features and methods that
are going to disappear in version 2 of the driver, which we plan to release
before the end of the year.
New major features in this release to support the MongoDB 2.2 release:
- Support for the aggregation framework through the aggregate() helper.
- Support for read preferences and read preference tags (See:
Known issues (to be addressed before 1.3.0):
- Authentication has not been implemented it, so this release will only work
for installations without authentication enabled.
- Support for connections to multiple mongos nodes is not implemented yet.
- It has not been tested on anything but Linux.
The rest of the standard changelog:
* [PHP-293] - listCollections
* [PHP-300] - execute crashes with array() as argument
* [PHP-354] - CLONE - "couldn't send query: Broken pipe" when using forked processes in 1.2.9
* [PHP-373] - Overriding batchInsert
* [PHP-429] - MongoDB::selectCollection() causes Segmentation fault
* [PHP-433] - GridFS safe option overwritten
* [PHP-436] - MongGridFS::storeUpload() breaks on HTML5 multiple file upload
* [PHP-445] - Cannot use mongo.default_host with Mongo constructor options
* [PHP-446] - Uncaught exception 'MongoCursorException' with message 'couldn't send query: ' when find()ing items on an empty collection
* [PHP-454] - Memory leak when many inserts
* Note: More might have been fixed, but those issues need to be verified
* [PHP-270] - ext/mongo classes should return meaningful results from Reflection API
* [PHP-389] - Support setting query flags (opts)
* [PHP-403] - bson_encode and bson_decode should trigger warnings for non-document BSON objects
** New Feature
* [PHP-79] - GridFS stream wrapper
* [PHP-117] - Implement findAndModify
* [PHP-280] - Allow MongoLog to log to Pear Log module
* [PHP-333] - MongoGridFSCursor::key
|Dependencies for release 1.3.0beta1