||Service Component Architecture (SCA) and Service Data Objects (SDO) for PHP
Caroline Maynard <
cem at php dot net >
Graham Charters <
gcc at php dot net >
Matthew Peters <
mfp at php dot net >
Simon Laws (lead)
||Service Data Objects (SDOs) enable PHP applications to work with data from different sources (typically a database query or an XML file) using a single interface. SCA for PHP allows a PHP programmer to write reusable components (classes) in PHP, which can be called either locally, or in a a variety of ways remotely (soap web services, xml-rpc, json-rpc, REST, etc), but always with the same interface.
This is the first release under the new project name SCA_SDO (renamed from SDO).
The rename reflects the fact that this project now implements the Service Component Architecture (SCA)
(see http://osoa.org/display/PHP/SCA+with+PHP for more information).
The project's stable state refers to the SDO component.
The SCA component is currently alpha quality and experimental.
The main changes since 1.0.4 are:
- inclusion of the Service Component Architecture (SCA) component
- new PEAR packaging to install SCA and SDO as peer directories (PEAR/SCA and PEAR/SDO)
- update to Apache Tuscany C++ SDO revision level 478193
- new function in SDO_DAS_Relational to support multiple root data objects
- new function in SDO_DAS_XML to support CDATA sections (not yet complete)
- fixes for bugs #9287, #9289, #9339