Top Level :: Database :: PDO
||PHP Data Objects Interface.
||Wez Furlong <email@example.com> (lead) [details]
Marcus B?rger <firstname.lastname@example.org> (lead) [wishlist] [details]
Ilia Alshanetsky <email@example.com> (lead) [details]
George Schlossnagle <firstname.lastname@example.org> (lead) [wishlist] [details]
||Do not use this, as PDO has been moved into core (the php source) so this pecl extension is dead.
PDO provides a uniform data access interface, sporting advanced features such
as prepared statements and bound parameters. PDO drivers are dynamically
loadable and may be developed independently from the core, but still accessed
using the same API.
|** NOTE WELL! **
All the PDO_XXX constants have been renamed to PDO::XXX form for future
compatibility with PHP namespaces. Sorry for the inconvenience, especially
after Release Candidate 1.
You need to install a PDO database driver to make use of PDO,
for a list of available PDO drivers.
It is highly recommended that you update to the latest stable PHP 5 snapshot
before using PDO.
You can obtain it from http://snaps.php.net.
If you are running on Windows, you can find a precompiled binary at:
You can find additional PDO drivers at:
** Changes **
- Changed PDO_XXX constants to PDO::XXX
- Fixed PECL Bug #5010, problem installing headers
- renamed pdo_drivers() to PDO::getAvailableDrivers()
- Various fixes when building with SPL
- It is now possible to extend PDO and PDOStatement and override their constructors
- PDO::setAttribute(PDO::ATTR_STATEMENT_CLASS) allows you to set your own
PDOStatement replacement when extending PDO and PDOStatement
- Fixed Bug #34687; error information from PDO::query() was not always returned
- Fixed PECL Bug #5750; uri: DSN was not handled correctly
- Fixed PECL Bug #5589; segfault when persistent connection attempt fails
- Fixed Bug #34590; User defined PDOStatement class methods are not callable
- Fixed Bug #34908; FETCH_INTO segfaults without destination object
- Fixed PECL Bug #5809; PDOStatement::execute(array(...)) modifies args
- Fixed PECL Bug #5772; FETCH_FUNC cannot call functions with mixed case names
** Note **
You should uninstall and re-install your individual database drivers whenever
you upgrade the base PDO package, otherwise you will see an error about PDO API
numbers when you run your PHP scripts.
|Dependencies for release 1.0RC2