||Provides functions for function traces and profiling
||Derick Rethans <firstname.lastname@example.org> (lead) [wishlist] [details]
||The Xdebug extension helps you debugging your script by providing a lot of
valuable debug information. The debug information that Xdebug can provide
includes the following:
* stack and function traces in error messages with:
o full parameter display for user defined functions
o function name, file name and line indications
o support for member functions
* memory allocation
* protection for infinite recursions
Xdebug also provides:
* profiling information for PHP scripts
* code coverage analysis
* capabilities to debug your scripts interactively with a debug client
|Sun, Jan 03, 2010 - xdebug 2.1.0beta1
+ Added features:
- Added error display collection and suppressions.
- Added the recording of headers being set in scripts.
- Added variable assignment tracing.
- Added the ability to turn of the default overriding of var_dump().
- Added "Scream" support, which disables the @ operator.
- Added a trace-file analysing script.
- Added support for debugging into phars.
- Added a default xdebug.ini. (Patch by Martin SchuhfuÃ?
- Added function parameters in computerized function traces.
- PHP 5.3 compatibility.
- Improved code coverage accuracy.
+ New functions:
- xdebug_get_formatted_function_stack(), which returns a formatted function
stack instead of displaying it.
- xdebug_get_headers(), which returns all headers that have been set in a
script, both explicitly with things like header(), but also implicitly
for things like setcookie().
- xdebug_start_error_collection(), xdebug_stop_error_collection() and
xdebug_get_collected_errors(), which allow you to collect all notices,
warnings and error messages that Xdebug generates from PHP's
error_reporting functionality so that you can output them at a later
point in your script by hand.
+ New settings:
- xdebug.collect_assignments, which enables the emitting of variable
assignments in function traces.
- xdebug.file_line_format, to generate a link with a specific format for
every filename that Xdebug outputs.
- xdebug.overload_var_dump, which allows you to turn off Xdebug's version
- xdebug.remote_cookie_expire_time, that controls the length of a
remote debugging session. (Patch by Rick Pannen )
- xdebug.scream, which makes the @ operator to be ignored.
- Added return values for xdebug_start_code_coverage() and
xdebug_stop_code_coverage() to indicate whether the action was
succesfull. xdebug_start_code_coverage() will return TRUE if the call
enabled code coverage, and FALSE if it was already enabled.
xdebug_stop_code_coverage() will return FALSE when code coverage wasn't
started yet and TRUE if it was turned on.
- Added an optional argument to xdebug_print_function_stack() to display
your own message. (Patch by Mikko Koppanen).
- All HTML output as generated by Xdebug now has a HTML "class" attribute
for easy CSS formatting.
- Removed features:
- Support for PHP versions lower than PHP 5.1 have been dropped.
- The PHP3 and GDB debugger engines have been removed.
= Fixed bugs:
- Fixed support for showing $this in remote debugging sessions.
- Fixed bug in formatting the display of "Variables in the local scope".
- Possible fix for a threading issue where the headers gathering function
would create stack overflows.
- Possible fix for #324: xdebug_dump_superglobals() only dumps superglobals
that were accessed before, and #478: XDebug 2.0.x can't use %R in
xdebug.profiler_output_name if register_long_arrays is off.
- Fixed bug #505: %s in xdebug.trace_output_name breaks functions traces.
- Fixed bug #494: Private attributes of parent class unavailable when
- Fixed bug #486: feature_get -n breakpoint_types returns out of date list.
- Fixed bug #476: Xdebug doesn't support PHP 5.3's exception chaining.
- Fixed bug #472: Dead Code Analysis for code coverage messed up after goto.
- Fixed bug #470: Catch blocks marked as dead code unless executed.
- Fixed bug #469: context_get for function variables always appear as
- Fixed bug #468: Property_get on $GLOBALS works only at top-level, by
adding GLOBALS to the super globals context.
- Fixed bug #453: Memory leaks.
- Fixed bug #445: error_prepend_string and error_append_string are ignored
by xdebug_error_cb. (Patch by Kent Davidson )
- Fixed bug #442: configure: error: "you have strange libedit".
- Fixed bug #439: Xdebug crash in xdebug_header_handler.
- Fixed bug #423: Conflicts with funcall.
- Fixed bug #419: Make use of P_tmpdir if defined instead of hard coded
- Fixed bug #417: Response of context_get may lack page and pagesize
- Fixed bug #411: Class/function breakpoint setting does not follow the
- Fixed bug #393: eval returns array data at the previous page request.
- Fixed bug #391: Xdebug doesn't stop executing script on catchable fatal
- Fixed bug #389: Destructors called on fatal error.
- Fixed bug #368: Xdebug's debugger bails out on a parse error with the
- Fixed bug #356: Temporary breakpoints persist.
- Fixed bug #355: Function numbers in trace files weren't unique.
- Fixed bug #340: Segfault while throwing an Exception.
- Fixed bug #328: Private properties are incorrectly enumerated in case of
- Fixed bug #249: Xdebug's error handler messes up with the SOAP
extension's error handler.
- Fixed cases where private properties where shown for objects, but not
- Added a patch by Lucas Nealan (email@example.com) and Brian Shire
(firstname.lastname@example.org) of Facebook to allow connections to the initiating
request's IP address for remote debugging.
- Added the -p argument to the eval command as well, pending inclusion into
- Added the retrieval of a file's execution lines. I added a new
un-official method called xcmd_get_executable_lines which requires the
stack depth as argument (-d). You can only fetch this information for
stack frames as it needs an available op-array which is only available
when a function is executed.
- Added a fake "CLASSNAME" property to objects that are returned in debug
requests to facilitate deficiencies in IDEs that fail to show the "classname"