||Provides functions for function traces and profiling
Derick Rethans <
derick at php dot net >
||The Xdebug extension helps you debugging your script by providing a lot of
valuable debug information. The debug information that Xdebug can provide
includes the following:
* stack and function traces in error messages with:
o full parameter display for user defined functions
o function name, file name and line indications
o support for member functions
* memory allocation
* protection for infinite recursions
Xdebug also provides:
* profiling information for PHP scripts
* code coverage analysis
* capabilities to debug your scripts interactively with a debug client
Sun, Dec 24, 2006 - xdebug 2.0.0rc2
+ Added new features:
- Implemented the "xdebug.var_display_max_children" setting. The default is
set to 128 children.
- Added types to fancy var dumping function.
- Implemented FR #210: Add a way to stop the debug session without having
to execute a script. The GET/POST parameter "XDEBUG_SESSION_STOP_NO_EXEC"
works in the same way as XDEBUG_SESSION_STOP, except that the script will
not be executed.
- DBGP: Allow postmortem analysis.
- DBGP: Added the non-standard function xcmd_profiler_name_get.
- Fixed the issue where xdebug_get_declared_vars() did not know about
variables there are in the declared function header, but were not used in
the code. Due to this change expected arguments that were not send to a
function will now show up as ??? in stack and function traces in PHP 5.1
and PHP 5.2.
- Allow xdebug.var_display_max_data and xdebug.var_display_max_depth
settings of -1 which will unlimit those settings.
- DBGP: Sort super globals in Globals overview.
- DBGP: Fixed a bug where error messages where not added upon errors in the
- DBGP: Change context 1 from globals (superglobals + vars in bottom most
stack frame) to just superglobals.
= Fixed bugs:
- Fixed linking error on AIX by adding libm.
- Fixed dead code analysis for THROW.
- Fixed oparray prefill caching for code coverage.
- Fixed the xdebug.remote_log feature work.
- DBGP: Fixed a bug where $this did not appear in the local scoped context.
- DBGP: Reimplemented property_set to use the same symbol fetching function
as property_get. We now only use eval in case no type (-t) argument was
- DBGP: Fixed some issues with finding out the classname, which is
important for fetching private properties.
- DBGP: Fixed usage of uninitialized memory that prevented looking up
numerical array keys while fetching array elements not work properly.
- Fixed bug #228: Binary safety for stream output and property fetches.
- Fixed bug #227: The SESSION super global does not show up in the Globals
- Fixed bug #225: xdebug dumps core when protocol is GDB.
- Fixed bug #224: Compile failure on Solaris.
- Fixed bug #219: Memory usage delta in traces don't work on PHP 5.2.0.
- Fixed bug #215: Cannot retrieve nested arrays when the array key is a
- Fixed bug #214: The depth level of arrays was incorrectly checked so it
would show the first page of a level too deep as well.
- Fixed bug #213: Dead code analysis doesn't take catches for throws into
- Fixed bug #211: When starting a new session with a different idekey, the
cookie is not updated.
- Fixed bug #209: Additional remote debugging session started when
triggering shutdown function.
- Fixed bug #208: Socket connection attempted when XDEBUG_SESSION_STOP.
- Fixed PECL bug #8989: Compile error with PHP 5 and GCC 2.95.