||The Apache Solr PHP extension is an extremely fast, light-weight, feature-rich library that allows PHP applications to communicate easily and efficiently with Apache Solr server instances using an object-oriented API.
||Omar Shaban <firstname.lastname@example.org> (lead) [details]
Nick Wallace <email@example.com> (developer) [details]
||It effectively simplifies the process of interacting with Apache Solr using PHP5 and it already comes with built-in readiness for the latest features.
The extension has features such as built-in, serializable query string builder objects which effectively simplifies the manipulation of name-value pair request parameters across repeated requests.
The response from the Solr server is also automatically parsed into native php objects whose properties can be accessed as array keys or object properties without any additional configuration on the client-side.
Its advanced HTTP client reuses the same connection across multiple requests and provides built-in support for connecting to Solr servers secured behind HTTP Authentication or HTTP proxy servers. It is also able to connect to SSL-enabled containers.
Please consult the documentation for more details on features. Included in the source code are phpdoc stubs that enable autocomplete of Solr classes and methods in IDE during development in userland.
PECL Solr 2+ is only compatible with Apache Solr Server 4.0+
- Introduced SolrServerException which handles exception responses produced by Solr Server [Feature #67063]
- SolrClient::commit $maxSegments removed
- SolrQuery::__construct throws SolrIllegalArgumentException instead of E_ERROR
- Removed php curl extension dependency for static builds [Bug #59028]
- SolrClient::system Access system servlet which fetch Solr Server System Information
- SolrClient::commit argument $maxSegments is now DEPRECATED
- SolrClient::commit Added support for expungeDeletes on
- All SolrClient methods throws SolrClientExceptions instead of E_WARNING + SolrClientException
- SolrClientExceptions' messages are more informative in case of connection errors
- Added json extension validation
- All SolrResponse, SolrQueryResponse, SolrUpdateResponse, SolrPingResponse, SolrGenericResponse, SolrDocument, and SolrInputDocument classes are now final
- All parameters functions throws SolrIllegalArgumentException instead of E_RROR
- SolrParams/SolrModifiableParams/SolrQuery throws SolrIllegalArguments Exception instead of E_ERROR [Feature #66858]
- Various Bug Fixes