||allows running of complete applications out of .phar files (like Java .jar files)
||Steph Fox (developer) [details]
Greg Beaver (lead) [wishlist] [details]
Marcus B?rger <firstname.lastname@example.org> (lead) [wishlist] [details]
||This is the extension version of PEAR's PHP_Archive package. Support for
zlib, bz2 and crc32 is achieved without any dependency other than the external
zlib or bz2 extension.
.phar files can be read using the phar stream, or with the Phar class. If the SPL extension
is available, a Phar object can be used as an array to iterate over a phar's contents
or to read files directly from the phar.
Phar supports tar and zip file formats as well as the native phar file format, and can also be
used to create data-only tar and zip archives with the PharData class, even if
write access is disabled by the phar.readonly ini variable.
Executable phar archives can be created using the streams API or with the Phar class, if
the phar.readonly ini variable is set to false.
Full support for MD5 and SHA1 signatures is possible. Signatures can be required
if the ini variable phar.require_hash is set to true. When PECL extension hash is
available then SHA-256 and SHA-512 signatures are supported as well.
Phar is APC-compatible, the latest APC will cache files within a phar archive, resulting in
a 6x speedup measured running phpMyAdmin as a phar archive.
|Major feature functionality release
* new default stub allows running of phar-based phars without phar extension [Greg/Steph]
* add support for tar-based and zip-based phar archives [Greg]
* add Phar::isTar(), Phar::isZip(), and Phar::isPhar() [Greg]
* add Phar::convertToTar(), Phar::convertToZip(), and Phar::convertToPhar() [Greg]
* add Phar::compress() [Greg]
* conversion to compressed or to other file formats automatically copies the archive
to a new extension (i.e. ".phar" to ".phar.tar" or ".tar" to ".tar.gz") [Steph]
* add Phar::webPhar() for running a web-based application unmodified
directly from a phar archive [Greg]
* file functions (fopen-based and stat-based) can be instructed to only look for
relative paths within a phar via Phar::interceptFileFuncs()
* add PharData class to allow manipulation/creation of non-executable tar and zip archives. [Steph]
non-executable tar/zip manipulation is allowed even when phar.readonly=1 [Greg]
* paths with . and .. work (phar://blah.phar/a/../b.php => phar://blah.phar/b.php) [Greg]
* add support for mkdir()/rmdir() and support for empty directories to phar file format [Greg]
* add option to compress the entire phar file for phar/tar file format [Greg]
* implement Phar::isCompressed() returning 0, Phar::GZ or Phar::BZ2 [Greg]
* implement Phar::copy(string $from, string $to) [Greg]
* implement Phar::buildFromIterator(Iterator $it[, string $base_directory]) [Greg]
* implement Phar::mount() for mounting external paths or files to locations inside a phar [Greg]
* add Phar::delete() [Greg]