Top Level :: Database :: mongo
This package has been superseded, but is still maintained for bugs and security fixes.
||MongoDB database driver
||Jeremy Mikola <email@example.com> (lead) [details]
Derick Rethans <firstname.lastname@example.org> (lead) [wishlist] [details]
Hannes Magnusson <email@example.com> (lead) [details]
||This package provides an interface for communicating with the MongoDB database in PHP.
|This is the second beta of the 1.3 release. The 1.3 release is a new major
release, which has a rewritten connection handling backend. It has been
rewritten to form a new improved framework for handling connections. On top of
this new framework, new functionality is also implemented to provide read
preference support that comes with MongoDB 2.2. The new framework no longer has
the concept of a connection pool, but instead make sure there is only one
connect per node/db/username.
We also have introduced some deprecation notices for features and methods that
are going to disappear in version 2 of the driver, which we plan to release
before the end of the year.
New major features in this release to support the MongoDB 2.2 release:
- Support for the aggregation framework through the aggregate() helper.
- Support for read preferences and read preference tags (See:
- Support for connections to multiple mongos nodes is not implemented yet.
Known issues (to be addressed before 1.3.0):
- It has not been tested on anything but Linux.
The rest of the standard changelog:
* [PHP-158] - Persistent connections: Dropped connections not detected
* [PHP-462] - ping_interval reconnect logic breaks forked processes
* [PHP-463] - Specifying multiple hostnames for a standalone server fails
* [PHP-465] - Marking connections as failed isn't supported
* [PHP-466] - Seed list of 1 replicaset member, and one standalone, with array("replicaSet" => true) fails
* [PHP-469] - MongoGridFS::remove() does not support filename argument
* [PHP-472] - Compile Error
* [PHP-473] - Sort by field "0" (zero char, ASCII 0x30) does not work
* [PHP-268] - Implement ReadPreferences + Slave Timing Buckets + Deprecate SlaveOk
** New Feature
* [PHP-421] - Aggregation helper
* [PHP-450] - Port GridFS tests from PHPUnit to phpt
|Dependencies for release 1.3.0beta2