||Provides functions for function traces and profiling
Derick Rethans <
derick at php dot net >
||The Xdebug extension helps you debugging your script by providing a lot of
valuable debug information. The debug information that Xdebug can provide
includes the following:
* stack and function traces in error messages with:
o full parameter display for user defined functions
o function name, file name and line indications
o support for member functions
* memory allocation
* protection for infinite recursions
Xdebug also provides:
* profiling information for PHP scripts
* code coverage analysis
* capabilities to debug your scripts interactively with a debug client
+ Added new features:
- DBGP: Added error messages to returned errors (in most cases)
+ Added new functions:
- Added a function "xdebug_debug_zval" to debug zvals by printing its
refcounts and is_ref values.
= Changed features:
- xdebug_code_coverage_stop() will now clean up the code coverage array,
unless you specify FALSE as parameter.
- The proper Xdebug type is "hash" for associative arrays.
- Extended the code-coverage functionality by returning lines with
executable code on them, but where not executed with a count value of -1.
= Fixed bugs:
- DBGP: Make property_get and property_value finally work as they should,
including retrieving information from different depths then the most top
- DBGP: Fix eval'ed $varnames in property_get.
- DBGP: Support the -d option for property_get.
- Fixed the exit handler hook to use the new "5.1" way of handling it;
which fortunately also works with PHP 5.0.
- Fixed bug #102: Problems with configure for automake 1.8.
- Fixed bug #101: crash with set_exeception_handler() and uncatched exceptions.
- Fixed bug #99: unset variables return the name as a string with property_get.
- Fixed bug #98: 'longname' attribute not returned for unintialized
property in context_get request.
- Fixed bug #94: xdebug_sprintf misbehaves with x86_64/glibc-2.3.3
- Fixed bug #93: Crash in lookup_hostname on x86_64
- Fixed bug #92: xdebug_disable() doesn't disable the exception handler.
- Fixed bug #68: Summary not written when script ended with "exit()".