||Extension for IBM Db2 (LUW/i/z) and other compatible databases
Helmut K. C. Tessarek (helper)
Amarnath Reddy N <
areddy at rocketsoftware dot com >
Jesse Gorzinski (lead)
Calvin Buckley (developer)
||Apache License 2.0
||ibm_db2 provides access to DB2 and compatible databases on PHP.
It uses a procedural interface. (PDO users should use PDO_IBM instead.)
The following software is supported without any additional licenses:
- IBM Db2 (Linux/Unix/Windows)
- IBM Db2 for i (running on IBM i)
- Apache Derby
The following software may require additional licenses on the database:
- IBM Db2 Connect for i (for using Db2 for i from LUW)
- IBM Db2 Connect for z (for using Db2 for z from LUW)
Note that for IBM i, IBM and Seiden Group recommend new applications use ODBC instead.
* 2021-03-10: 2.1.3
- Report failures in SQLGetDiagRec. This should warn on many silent errors.
- Workaround issue with using SQLGetSubString with a large buffer on a DBCLOB
with locator by trimming from first instead of last null byte.
- Workaround bug in SQL/CLI caused by unknown PTF, which causes a buffer
overflow with SQLGetData on char-like values. The PTF causing the regression
is unidentified, but workaround PTFs seem to exist, including SI75759. The
workaround will likely be kept until most no longer have the defective PTF.