||Communication with IBM Z/OS through IMS Connect
||David Oury (lead) [details]
||Implements IMS Connect protocol to execute transactions on Mainframe platforms :
- Most connection parameters available (host, user, clientid, lterm, datastore, RACF security, ...)
- Input/Output messages processed as associative arrays in PHP scripts
- Data fields processed accordingly to Close Copy description (from separate XML files).
- Automatic character conversion ASCII/EBCDIC
- Data communication tracing (through HTML display)
Technical considerations :
- Compatibility with both PHP 4 and PHP 5
- Requires a Z/OS server with IMS Connect for testing
- Supported IMS Connect Exits :
o HWSJAVA0 Java module (default)
o HWSIMSO0 Simple module
- No documentation published yet
|- Initial Packaged Release.
- This alpha version is experimental, it requires upgrades but it does work fine
- Sources are kind of clean... a few TODO tasks still remain though
- This extension is presently used by a demonstration web 2.0 site which allows
access to DB2 access running on Z/OS
- Questions, comments and suggestions are more than welcome...